Friday, February 28, 2020

Home Bound

Now that I'm home bound ( as they say ) I find myself watching wrecker recovery operations on YOU TUBE. Think about it; it has all the makings of lost, danger,, the unexpected and each accident requires a different solution. And my case I wonder who was to blame, how much will it cost and who will pay the damages?
Lately I have found wrecker recovery as it is practiced in Europe and one can see how different it is approached over there. For instance here in the U.S. often just one wrecker and one person will go out to make a recovery, whereas in Europe several pieces of equipment and as many as a dozen men will be sent to the scene. The emphasis there seems to be how quickly they can get the wreck cleaned up and keep the traffic moving if all possible.
Think for a moment and consider how many thousands of gallons of fuel is burned up as hundreds of cars and trucks must wait along the highway. Each moment that can be saved helps save fuel a nation treasure. Here in the states the mindset might be, the longer I take the more I can charge. Never mind the inconvenience it may be causing hundreds of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment